RE: Log a sample of transactions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kuroda, Hayato
Subject RE: Log a sample of transactions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dear Adrien,

> Your messages looks normal to me, you will have same messages if you put
> log_min_duration to 0.

That was my lack of understanding. Sorry.

By the way, I think the name of this parameter should be changed.
In the Cambridge dictionary, the word "rate" means as follows:

the speed at which something happens or changes,
or the amount or number of times it happens or changes in a particular period.

This parameter represents "probability" whether it log,
therefore this name is inappropriate.
You should use "probability" or "ratio", I think.

Next week I will give you some comments about your good source.

Best Regards,
Hayato Kuroda
Fujitsu LIMITED