SQL help... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alex Hochberger
Subject SQL help...
Date
List pgsql-general
To any SQL wizards out there,

I have finally exhausted my SQL knowledge.

I have 3 tables that I need to do a fancy join on...

1 stores the users
1 stores the questions
1 stores the user's answers to the questions (based on foreign keys to the
answers table)

I would like to create a result with the following columns:
some fields from the users, each of the questions

in each row should be the results from the users, and their user answers

Here is the tricky thing, people may have not answered each question, so I
would like to either leave that blank or put in a 0...

With an ugly hack, I get the results where they answered everything, but not
the partial answers.

Please cc: me on the reply, because I get this as a digest.

Thanks,
Alex