Re: Increasing Max Connections Mac OS 10.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brian Hirt
Subject Re: Increasing Max Connections Mac OS 10.3
Date
List pgsql-general
On Feb 10, 2004, at 10:57 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Hmm, I hadn't even thought about ulimit.  I thought those settings were
> per-process, not per-user.  If they are per-user they could be
> problematic.

not sure if it's per user or per process.   after i did ulimit -n
unlimited the problem joe describes went away for me.  i also did lower
max_files_per_process to 1000.    my database has a large number of
files in it, a few thousand, so i assumed one of the back end processes
was going over the limit.

--brian