Re: Endless recovery - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Hans-Juergen Schoenig
Subject Re: Endless recovery
Date
List pgsql-patches

I'm sorry to hear about this problem.

No worries - nothing lost ...

Not sure we need a LOG message to warn people about the possible length
of recovery time. The chances of a recovery taking that much time seem
very low for normal Postgres, even with checkpoint parameters set at
their maximum values.

It should be quite low - this is what we expected.

I note that the configuration section does not mention the likely
increase in recovery time that will result from setting those parameters
higher. That needs a patch. ISTM a serious omission that should be
treated as a bug and backpatched.

I have that feeling too - it could very well be some Gist issue in here but given what we have seen in the debugger this was not too obvious.
At first glance it rather felt like a full check of the entire index.

best regards,

hans

--
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH