Re: Postgredac Dump - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bob Pawley
Subject Re: Postgredac Dump
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Ray

I finally got it to dump.

I switched the argument so that the path is first and the file name is after
the comma.

I found this hint on a very useful site that shows a number of examples of
PostgresDAC.

http://www.keashsoft.com/postgrestutorial/4.html

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: Raymond O'Donnell
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2011 10:44 AM
To: Bob Pawley
Cc: raghu ram ; Postgresql
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Postgredac Dump

On 13/05/2011 18:30, Bob Pawley wrote:
> Hi Raghu
> Thanks for the site.
> I am still having problems.
> The following downloads a file of 0 bytes.
> begin
> PSQLDump1.DumpToFile('E5R', 'C:\PDW\E5R');
> end;
> (E5R is the database name.)
> The Dump component points to a viable database.
> I left the schema and tables empty as I understand that doing so will
> dump the whole database.

Hi Bob,

I've only recently started using that component set, and haven't tried
the pg_dump one yet, so I'm only guessing, but it sounds as if something
is going wrong at the server end - maybe an authentication problem? What
does the PostgreSQL log say?

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland