Maximum query string length - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ansley, Michael
Subject Maximum query string length
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Massimo wrote:
>> A better way would be to allocate and grow query buffers dynamically
while
>> reading the query but you will anyway have troubles with lex and yacc
which
>> use statically allocated buffers whose size is hardwired in the program.
>> This is why I had to make those ugly changes in the Makefiles.

Well, if the query length is limited by yacc, bison, lex, or any other tools
that we use, is it worthwhile trying to make it dynamic?  If I can still
only get a 64k query into the backend, what use is there in creating a 800k
query in psql?

Thought and/or bright ideas or welcomed...

MikeA