GPL vs BSD licencing - a new twist - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Mount
Subject GPL vs BSD licencing - a new twist
Date
List pgsql-hackers
This was posted on the cygwin list (and cc'd to me) about the GPL and
CygWin:

<quote>
If you use cygwin1.dll in your application then your
application must be made available as open source.  The way to avoid
this is to compile your program using the -mno-cygwin option.

If you are only releasing parts of a cygwin release such as cygwin1.dll,
ls.exe, gcc.exe, etc. and you are not compiling any of your own
applications using the DLL then those parts must be made available under
the GPL.
</quote>

How would this affect our Win32 port?

Peter