Re: pgcrypto and dblink - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Roberts, Jon
Subject Re: pgcrypto and dblink
Date
List pgsql-general
> > I am moving from Windows to Solaris and I need pgcrypto and dblink.
> >  Where are these?  I don't see anything in the configure that
suggests
> it
> >  is even an option.
>
> They're not handled by 'configure'.  They are in the 'contrib'
> directory in the source tree, and you install them by first installing
> PG itself, then go into the module directory, e.g. 'contrib/pgcrypto',
> and running 'make'.

Thanks so much!

Wouldn't it make sense to add a section to this page that describes the
contrib process?
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/install-post.html

I had thought all of the installation options were set using configure.
A post installation step is fine but I think it needs to be documented
as such.

Jon