Re: [HACKERS] Function-manager redesign: second draft (long) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Function-manager redesign: second draft (long)
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Function-manager redesign: second draft (long)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
> This is a followup to a message I wrote in June about reworking the fmgr
> interface.  I've had a couple of good ideas (I think ;-)) since then,
> but there are some parts of the proposal that still need work before
> implementation can begin.
>
> I could particularly use some feedback from Jan and anyone else who's
> worked with function-call handlers: does this design eliminate the
> kluges that you've had to use in the past?  If not, what else is needed?

Sounds good.  My only question is whether people need backward
compatibility, and whether we can remove the compatiblity part of the
interface and small overhead after 7.1 or later?

Pennsylvania19026