Re: [SQL] Can VACUUM, but cannot do VACUUM ANALYZE - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Albert REINER
Subject Re: [SQL] Can VACUUM, but cannot do VACUUM ANALYZE
Date
List pgsql-sql
Sorry, should have gone to the list in the first place:

On Sat, Oct 23, 1999 at 12:18:33PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Albert REINER" <areiner@tph.tuwien.ac.at> writes:
> >> albert=> vacuum analyze;
> >> NOTICE:  AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state
> >> pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.

> to back-patch into 6.5.*.  In the meantime, the only way to find out
> what that original error message was is to consult the postmaster log

(or running strace psql)

> file --- you are running the postmaster with stdout/stderr going to
> some logfile, I hope.  It should show up right before the NOTICE and
> then the postmaster's response to the backend coredump.

ERROR:  vacuum: can't destroy lock file!
NOTICE:  AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state

But where can I find this lock file, and can I simply remove it?

> Once we have vacuum's error message we can maybe offer some useful
> counsel.

Looking forward to that,

Albert.

Albert Reiner                                   <areiner@tph.tuwien.ac.at>
Deutsch       *       English       *       Esperanto       *       Latine

----- End forwarded message -----