Re: [HACKERS] Planning final assault on query length limits - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brook Milligan
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Planning final assault on query length limits
Date
List pgsql-hackers
AFAICT, the last remaining textual length limits in the backend are a  couple of fixed-size buffers in
rewriteDefine.cand array support.  In the next few days (probably this weekend) I intend to fix that code  and then
removeall #define constants that have anything to do with  string length limits.  (Tentative hit list is attached.)

Great!

Jan, does this mean that we can also lose the "rewrite string too big"
problem with rules?

That would be a huge win.

Cheers,
Brook