RE: [GENERAL] Archive logging - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Glenn Wiens
Subject RE: [GENERAL] Archive logging
Date
redhat6  (ramon <ramon@GILA.Sunion.Arizona.EDU>)
List pgsql-general
Sorry -- I should have clarified my terms. What I am
referring to is the ability to recover the database to
any select point in time.

Oracle(tm) calls this a redo log, and, when archiving
is turned on, there is a continuous string of historic
transactions that can be applied, if necessary, to a
previously taken backup, thereby recovering to a
point-in-time.

Glenn Wiens