Re: [SQL] Performance - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Karl Denninger
Subject Re: [SQL] Performance
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Wed, Mar 10, 1999 at 02:29:45AM +0000, Clark Evans wrote:
> Tim Perdue wrote:
> > BELIEVE IT OR NOT, PostgreSQL is handling 1.8GB in just one table, and its
> > performance is amazing. I have archived 1,100,000 emails in the database and
> > I don't really see much slowdown yet.
>
> What is your hardware, os, etc?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Clark Evans

I have had tables exceeding 10GB in one dataset, and the performance wa
STILL excellent.  Hardware was a Pentium Pro 200, FreeBSD, and a CMD RAID
controller.

Karl Denninger (karl@denninger.net) http://www.mcs.net/~karl
I ain't even *authorized* to speak for anyone other than myself, so give
up now on trying to associate my words with any particular organization.