Re: [CORE] Re: New logo PostreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [CORE] Re: New logo PostreSQL
Date
List pgsql-docs
> Team-
>
> As you know, Vittoria has proposed a revised layout for our home
> page. It's at
>
>   http://demo.xmedia.net/post/
>
> I'll be collecting responses and sending the results back to
> Vittoria.
>
> Please comment on the layout - a certain amount of disagreement and
> discussion will give us a much better end result!
>
> I've been using the [DOCS] mailing list for web site related issues
> lately, and propose that this discussion take place there.

[OK, CC'ed to docs and core, but replies to docs only.]

I have some comments.

I would prefer the section margin on the left, not right.

Very dark.

Very small.  It does not spread across my 1024x768 window like the
current web site.

I prefer our current logo.  More color and depth.

I think PostgreSQL should have a capital P, but I do like how the SQL
stands out.

It does have a more modern look than our current page.

I assume the gray box changes as you press on margin options.

Pennsylvania19026