Re: [ADMIN] StreamServerPort: bind() failed - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Zachariah Baum
Subject Re: [ADMIN] StreamServerPort: bind() failed
Date
List pgsql-admin
Joerg.Schultz@EMBL-Heidelberg.de said:
> after killing a running postmaster I wanted to restart it with
>   postmaster -i -d 1 -B 2048 -D /data_dir but it gave the following
> error message:

On Linux postmaster creates the file /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432, a named pipe (???)
  that it uses for IPC I believe.  The 5432 is whatever port you have
  postgres listening on.
Anyway, I remove that file if it exists before starting postmaster, an that
  takes care of the message you pasted.
I also kill any running "postgres" processes, since they cause postmaster to
  hang as well sometimes.
--

                          Yes is a BARGAIN
                          No is a TURNOFF  - Wire