Re: Porting effort and patches for the Irix port for PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Porting effort and patches for the Irix port for PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I have partially ported the PostgreSQL snapshot of September 9 to Irix
> and wanted to report the results to you so that you could enter the
> corrections into the source tree. Please let me know if you want
> me to rerun or retest anything. Because of time constraints, I may not
> be able to respond right away, but I will do my best to get PostgreSQL
> 6.4 released on time.
>
> There were several problems compiling the program. First, the configure
> script uses the wrong format for int8.  The following patch corrects the
> problem on Irix.

Robert, in the past two days, we have made fixes to the int8 and c++
make handling, and I assume your patches are perhaps no longer needed.
The define with ... and the snprintf() problems were also addressed.

I have applied the Irix lock patch.  Please check a current snapshot and
see if any of the other patches are needed.  Thanks.