Re: [HACKERS] Core dump in regression tests.u - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas A. Szybist
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Core dump in regression tests.u
Date
List pgsql-hackers
In message <199809021542.LAA02771@candle.pha.pa.us>, Bruce Momjian writes:
> > Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > >
> > > Not sure how to find the problem. Without being able to debug it here,
> > > I am left staring at the code over and over again.
> >
> > That sounds like *so* much fun ;-)
> >
> > OK, I've been ignoring the problem until now, and of course may not be
> > of any help even if I were trying to help. I'm also not quite up on the
> > history and sequence of events which led to our current state, and I'm
> > not sure we have a strong regression history yet to pin this down.
> >
> > At the moment we have Bruce and the two sparc guys working on it, and
> > Bruce can't reproduce the problems on his machine and Keith's machine is
> > so dog-slow that he can't do much testing which involve full rebuilds.
> > Boy, it hasn't been long since that model Sparc was the best thing
> > going, eh?
>
> I was on Thomas A. Szybist machine for two hours, and even though I was
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It's really just Tom :)

> telnet'ed across three Internet machines to get there, it made my PP200
> look like it was sitting still.  Amazing speed.  It is a Sparc running
> Solaris.
>
> --
> Bruce Momjian                          |  830 Blythe Avenue
> maillist@candle.pha.pa.us              |  Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026
>   +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  (610) 353-9879(w)
>   +  Christ can be your backup.        |  (610) 853-3000(h)

I just grabbed grabbed gcc 2.8.1 from smc.vnet.com. I should have that
installed later today.  Full rebuilds are not a problem for me.  I did
just get a project bubbled to the top of my queue here that should take
about a day or two.  I certainly can try patches and such, but I may
not have time plod through with gdb for a few days.   (Not that I can
help much anyway.) I'm also going to be away for Labor day starting
Friday night EST. I'm returning on Tuesday night EST.

Tom Szybist
szybist@boxhill.com