Re: Source code archive location - Mailing list pgsql-general

From bower@image.Kodak.COM (J Christopher Bower)
Subject Re: Source code archive location
Date
List pgsql-general
    >On Fri, 17 Jul 1998, J. Christopher Bower wrote:

    > I am looking for Postgresql Version 6.2, can you tell me where I can
    > find it.  I need the pg_Dump utility to dump a 6.1database.
    > Thanks in advance for your help.

    strange.  you should be able to use the pg_dump of 6.3.2 to dump your 6.1
    database.  have you tried that?

    [---]
    Neil,

    Thanks for your response, I have tried this and get the following error:

    be_recvauth: unrecognized message type: 65536
    postmaster: ConnStartup: Failed to authenticate client as Postgres
    user 'bower' using <unknown authentication type>: be_recvauth:
    unrecognized message type: 65536

    Connection to database 'imagelib' failed.
    Failed to authenticate client as Postgres user 'bower' using
    <unknown authentication type>: be_recvauth: unrecognized message
    type: 65536

    Do you know if there is any setup that needs to be done? Thanks in
    advance.

                Chris