Re: [GENERAL] postgresql website - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Martin
Subject Re: [GENERAL] postgresql website
Date
List pgsql-general
> On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Andrew Martin wrote:
>
> > p.s. While I'm griping... Who made the sudden decision to mirror the
> > mailing lists onto News groups. The increase in spam has been dramatic...
> > We discussed this a year, maybe 2, ago and decided quite clearly NOT
>
>     Actually, the newsgroups are purely one-directional at this
> time...mail to the lists goes out to the groups, but not vice-versa...spam
> is not coming in through them, except if they are culling the groups for
> email addresses...

Ah... Hadn't realised that - just noticed that the increase in spam seemed
to start at the same time...

Andrew

Dr. Andrew C.R. Martin                             University College London
EMAIL: (Work) martin@biochem.ucl.ac.uk    (Home) andrew@stagleys.demon.co.uk
Tel:   (Work) +44(0)171 419 3890                    (Home) +44(0)1372 275775