Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.3.1 issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.3.1 issues
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us> writes:
>
> > I would think we are safer by releasing a new diff.
>
> ...as in: a new minor version, right?  There's no good reason not to
> bump it to 6.3.2, and if you do that, it becomes easier for people who
> report problems and what not to specify exactly what they're running.

Exactly.  We also have more fixes.  By the time you package up all the
diffs and test them, might was well take a new snapshot of the current
source.

Also, it allows people to test the current tree and make changes until
the final patch release.