Problem with the numbers I reported yesterday - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Meskes
Subject Problem with the numbers I reported yesterday
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I ran my performance tests some more times and it seems the numbers are not
really comparable. When I run PostgreSQL without -F I get a sync after every
insert. With -F I get no sync at all as all inserts fit well into the
buffer. However, Oracle in comparison does sync. Simply hearing the disk
access it seems as if they sync every two or three seconds.

Does anyone know a way to really check both DBMSs?

Michael

--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Project-Manager    | topsystem Systemhaus GmbH
meskes@topsystem.de                    | Europark A2, Adenauerstr. 20