Re: savepoint commit performance - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: savepoint commit performance
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 1:56 PM, Andy Colson <andy@squeakycode.net> wrote:
>> This patch:
>>
>> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=605
>>
>> Seems to have been after thoughts, and back burner stuff, and forgotten
>> about...
>>
>> Has it already been commit?
>>
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2011-07/msg00206.php
>>
>> Oh, wait, nevermind, it was revoked and reworked:
>>
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2011-07/msg01041.php
>>
>> but that was posted Jul 19, 2011. �And the Patch linked from commitfest is
>> Jun 6, 2011. �So is that an old patch? �Or a new patch?
>>
>> I'm confused.

> As far as I can see, Simon stated that he would revert it but never did so.

> Perhaps we should go do that...

The patch is definitely still in the tree.  Given the dangling-pointer
concerns raised by Heikki, I think we had better revert it before
shipping 9.1.  Also, the entry in the September commitfest can be marked
"returned with feedback", since it clearly predates the discussion on
-hackers.