Re: [BUGS] Re: Drop one-argument string_agg? (was Re: string_agg delimiter having no effect with order by) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUGS] Re: Drop one-argument string_agg? (was Re: string_agg delimiter having no effect with order by)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> writes:
> On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 11:19 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> What we are doing here, IMO, is not just changing string_agg() but
>> instituting a project policy that we are not going to offer built-in
>> aggregates with the same names and different numbers of arguments ---
>> otherwise the problem will come right back.

> Well I think this can be a pretty soft policy.

Sure, we could break it given good cause.  What I intend with the
opr_sanity test is just that people won't be able to put something
in without being reminded of this consideration.