Re: 8.4 open items list - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 8.4 open items list
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 10:11 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>> I think pushing "pre-existing bugs" to 8.5 is a mistake,

> What is the threshold for "has to be fixed before we can go to beta"
> versus "has to be fixed before release"?

I did not by any means intend that those things should wait until 8.5.
The point was that we needn't be ashamed to release an 8.4 *beta*
that has such bugs.  Or at least no more than we are ashamed to have
released existing stable versions with 'em.

Beta is about getting a reasonably stable version into the hands of
testers.  It's not about achieving perfection before the testers
ever see it.