Re: what sub-package shoudl we use for pg_rewind - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Pavel Raiskup
Subject Re: what sub-package shoudl we use for pg_rewind
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
On Wednesday 06 of January 2016 23:22:25 Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2016-01-06 at 22:17 +0100, Pavel Raiskup wrote:
> > It kind of sounds like tool useful for implementing slave-to-master
> > promotion (but both-ways).  And, given by tool's parameters, at least
> > one "data directory" needs to be local.
> >
> > Thus I would bet it does not make sense to have this tool installed
> > without server package.
>
> Good point, so then we will need to move pg_basebackup,
> pg_archivecleanup, pg_receivexlog, etc, to the server package, right?

Ah, I missed those are in postgresql-9.5.rpm too -- so IMO yes.   Except
that in Fedora we install pg_archivecleanup into postgresql-contrib (which
reflects that it is in ./contrib/ subdirectory in upstream source, since
the dist-git commit 4753f369).

Thanks, Pavel