Re: Problem with restoring dump (may be tsearch-related) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problem with restoring dump (may be tsearch-related)
Date
List pgsql-general
"Markus Wollny" <Markus.Wollny@computec.de> writes:
> The entries are quite long, and I don't want to cause too much traffic,
> so I don't dare to give you more than this one example:

> Restore-attempt outputs e.g.:
> psql:alldb1.sql:1434914: ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near
> "ckenmuskeln"

Hmm.  I see that string in the context

> Wie sich die Rückenmuskeln anspannen, wird im Bild aber nicht

What exactly is the string that you've represented here as ü ?
Is that literally what's in the dump file, or has something helpfully
html-ized some weird Unicode sequence?

As far as I can tell, what must be happening is that the COPY data
transfer has been terminated and the regular SQL parser is trying to
make sense of the input starting at "ckenmuskeln anspannen,".  I'm
wondering if something is misreading the ü sequence as "\." ...
which would probably be a character-set-encoding kind of problem.

            regards, tom lane