Re: row wise comparison broken - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: row wise comparison broken
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Merlin Moncure" <merlin.moncure@rcsonline.com> writes:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2004-07/msg00218.php

> Still, I think the current behavior is wrong...and is exactly the kind
> of trick question that a sql compliance benchmark might ask.

It undoubtedly is wrong.  But it has been wrong forever, or at least
since Tom Lockhart put in the syntax, back in 1997.  We've gotten few
complaints --- which means to me that this is not a high-priority bug
fix.  I think we should leave it as a to-do item for a future release
cycle, rather than implement some hasty solution for 8.0.