Re: [HACKERS] Planning final assault on query length limits - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Planning final assault on query length limits
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Vadim Mikheev <vadim@krs.ru> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> I'm hoping that once this is done, someone who knows the guts of the
>> storage managers better than I will feel motivated to work on letting
>> stored tuples cross block boundaries.  (Paging Vadim...)  That seems
>> to be the last piece of the puzzle.

> You know that I'm busy with WAL...

Well, Vadim doesn't want to do it, and I don't want to do it (I've
really got to spend some more time on the planner/optimizer, because
there's too much stuff half-fixed in there).

Any volunteers out there?  It'd be a shame to not have this problem
area completely licked for 7.0.