Re: Using postgresql.org account as an auth id on third partywebsites - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Álvaro Hernández
Subject Re: Using postgresql.org account as an auth id on third partywebsites
Date
List pgsql-www

On 23/9/19 21:54, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> (I am not picking a particular email to respond to here, just taking
> the latest one in the thread. No context in the choice of email, and
> that is why I'm not quoting any of it's contents)
>
> I have been told that I have come across as delivering personal
> attacks in this thread. That was definitely not my intention, and I
> sincerely apologize for that if this was how it was read.

     Yes, I said so, involving also not public communication that
happened between us. But I really appreciate you coming on the public
thread and saying this. Thank you very much.

> There are many of the technical and organisational points made in this
> thread that I do not agree with, and I stand by not agreeing with
> those. But those should be discussed on their own merits, and not
> involve personal attacks.
>
> So again, my apologies for this.
>
> //Magnus

     This is constructive. I apologized already for what I said, which
never had any bad intentions, but was probably clumsy language and
anyway was taken wrongly. If anything, I wanted to show some love for
what I believed was an underused "feature" (postgresql.org community
login) and call for actions on several areas which I see could have more
attention. Specially, if there are financial resources which could be
put to good use. I also offered, and insist on, my offer to help on
management, structure and planning.

     I will take these recommendations, at some later point, more
carefully written, to the appropriate forums.

     For now, I believe it is better to close of this thread (at least
from my side) and thank you again, Magnus, for this last email. Really
appreciated.

     Best,

     Álvaro

--