Re: Re: COPY error: pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lee Joramo
Subject Re: Re: COPY error: pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly
Date
List pgsql-general
>> general opinion on the Cobalt mailing lists is that upgrading Postgre is
>> a very delicate task.
[SNIP]

>Check, at least not without practicing on a spare machine first ;-).
>
>One thing to think about is that there's no fundamental reason why you'd
>have to update the version of Postgres used by the OS.  You could
>install 7.0.* alongside 6.5, use 7.0 for your own purposes and leave the
>OS untouched.

Yes, I do this myself with perl and python. And if I had a spare and
local Cobalt RaQ3, I'd try it with postgre. But again, I won't try this
with our public web server.

When it comes to installing software on various unix flavors, I am able
to compile from source. If program does not work right away I normally
can beat it into submission. Even if I was an order of magnitude more
skilled at installs, I don't think I would attempt this particular
installation.

lee.