Re: Proposal: new border setting in psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Proposal: new border setting in psql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> There is interest in ReST for anyone doing a lot more than Python or
> Trac. Although that area is certainly strong with it. It is quickly
> becoming one of the more dominant technologies in delivering web
> services (now whether or not that is useful here is another argument).

Based on the number of weird special cases that we've enumerated in this
(very cursory) discussion, it seems like it's great for hand-generated
static text, ie, usages where you can see how it renders before you
publish it.  For machine-generated output it seems to be full of
foot-guns, and so I wonder exactly how many people are really truly
using it as a data transmission format.