Re: [HACKERS] Re: pg_ctl - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: pg_ctl
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> It would indeed provide a nice way of defining virtual tables --- just
>> make a function that returns the current table contents on-demand.

> Anyway, it seems you already have an idea how to implement virtual
> tables without modifying the fmgr. Can you tell me about that?

No, I don't have any ideas --- I was just agreeing that it'd be a nice
thing if we could do it.

I am planning to add a "hook" field into the fmgr interface to allow
dealing with function results that can't be returned as a single Datum
(see previous discussions on hackers list).  But I'm not going to try
to write any code that makes use of that hook, at least not for 7.0.