Re: Certification

From: Michael Meskes
Subject: Re: Certification
Date: ,
List: pgsql-advocacy

Tree view

Certification  (Michael Meskes, )
 Re: Certification  (, )
 Re: Certification  (Bob Lunney, )
  Re: Certification  (Luca Ferrari, )
  Re: Certification  (, )
   Re: [MASSMAIL]Re: Certification  ("Gilberto Castillo", )
   Re: Certification  (Bob Lunney, )
  Re: Certification  (Jaime Casanova, )
   Re: Certification  (Sameer Kumar, )
    Re: Certification  (julyanto SUTANDANG, )
    Re: Certification  (David Fetter, )
     Re: Certification  (Sameer Kumar, )
 Re: Certification  (Josh Berkus, )
  Re: Certification  (Michael Meskes, )
 Re: Certification  (Josh Berkus, )
  Re: [MASSMAIL]Re: Certification  ("Gilberto Castillo", )
   Re: [MASSMAIL]Re: Certification  (Michael Meskes, )
  Re: Certification  (, )
  Re: Certification  (Robert Haas, )
   Re: Certification  (Michael Meskes, )
    Re: Certification  (Robert Haas, )
     Certification In Cuba  ("Gilberto Castillo", )
     Re: Certification  (julyanto SUTANDANG, )
      Re: Certification  (Joshua Kramer, )
       Re: Certification  ("Gunnar \"Nick\" Bluth", )
       Re: Certification  (Sameer Kumar, )
        Re: Certification  (Michael Meskes, )
       Re: Certification  (Michael Meskes, )
     Re: Certification  (Michael Meskes, )
      Re: Certification  (Robert Haas, )
     Re: Certification  (Michael Meskes, )
  Re: Certification  (Michael Meskes, )
   Re: Certification  (Jean-Paul Argudo, )
 Re: Certification  (Josh Berkus, )
 Re: Certification  (Jaime Casanova, )
  Re: [MASSMAIL]Re: Certification  ("Gilberto Castillo", )
   Re: [MASSMAIL]Re: Certification  (Michael Meskes, )
 Re: Certification  (Josh Berkus, )
  Re: [MASSMAIL]Re: Certification  ("Gilberto Castillo", )
  Re: Certification  (PostgreSQL - Hans-Jürgen Schönig<>, )

> I guess before we think about certification in line with LF, I think we all
> must see what is the problem we are trying to address?

Maybe we could bring this discussion back to what it was about originally.
Nobody asked us to develop a certification. This thread is about the LF
(amybe) willing to create one and about them wanting to work with us, so that
they create something the PostgreSQL project likes as well.

> I believe rather than introducing certifications what might make more sense
> is to introduce PostgreSQL as a platform for teaching RDBMS in graduation
> schools. Today most of the colleges (in India and ASEAN) which I know about
> uses Oracle as an example to Teach RDBMS. I believe that you need to have
> ample resources at various levels (associate, pro, adv ) to roll out a
> proper certification matrix and also a much larger adoption. While
> certification will certainly push for more resources available, it is not
> much useful without training program (like what Robert pointed out).

AFAICT their certifications so far all contain web based training as well.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Meskes at (Debian|Postgresql) dot Org