stored procedures / C-Language - Mailing list pgsql-general

From FERREIRA William (COFRAMI)
Subject stored procedures / C-Language
Date
List pgsql-general

hi,

i'm trying to find some documentation about writing stored procedures with C-language.
i found description in postgresql's documentation but i don't understand everything.

Aat present, i have a pl/perl stored procedure but it isn't fast enough, so somebody recommend me to write it using c-language.

i don't know how to create this, and how asking the database, recovering data and managing them.

For the moment, my application is running on Windows 2000 NT, is it possible to write stored procedures using C-language ? may i write them using Visual C++ or does i need to use ANSI compiler ?

does this code will run with Linux or Solaris ?

sorry for all these questions, but i don't how it works, and my application must works at the end of the week :-(

thanks a lots

        Will