Re: [HACKERS] OK, so culicidae is *still* broken - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: [HACKERS] OK, so culicidae is *still* broken
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On April 14, 2017 9:42:41 PM PDT, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>Per
>https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=culicidae&dt=2017-04-15%2004%3A00%3A02
>
>2017-04-15 04:31:21.657 GMT [16792] FATAL:  could not reattach to
>shared memory (key=6280001, addr=0x7f692fece000): Invalid argument
>
>Presumably, this is the same issue we've seen on Windows where the
>shmem address range gets overlapped by code loaded at a randomized
>address.  Is there any real hope of making that work?

Seems to work reasonably regularly on other branches... On phone only, so can't dig into details, but it seems there's
somechance involved.  Let's see what the next few runs will do.  Will crank frequency once home.

Andres

Andres