Re: 8.2 features? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 8.2 features?
Date
Re: 8.2 features?  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Re: 8.2 features?  (Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> What is the state of the following items that have been previously
> discussed?

> . MERGE (at least in PK case)

No submitted patch; no one working on it AFAIK; doesn't look like
something that could get done in the next three weeks.

> . multiple values clauses for INSERT

Also not done, but if we are willing to accept a limited patch
(ie, not necessarily everything that SQL92 says you can do with
VALUES, but at least the INSERT case) I think it could get done.
I might even volunteer to do it ... but won't object if someone
else volunteers to.

> . recursive WITH queries

I believe Jonah has given up on fixing the originally-submitted
patch, but he mentioned at the code sprint that non-recursive
WITH is potentially doable in time for 8.2.  Not sure if that's
a sufficiently important case to be worth doing.