Re: autogenerating error code lists (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add foreign data wrapper error code values for SQL/MED.) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: autogenerating error code lists (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add foreign data wrapper error code values for SQL/MED.)
Date
In response to Re: autogenerating error code lists (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add foreign data wrapper error code values for SQL/MED.)  (Jan Urbański <wulczer@wulczer.org>)
Responses Re: autogenerating error code lists (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add foreign data wrapper error code values for SQL/MED.)  (Jan Urbański <wulczer@wulczer.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
Jan Urbański <wulczer@wulczer.org> writes:
>> I tried wiring it into the build system, but failed, I can't figure out
>> which Makefiles should be updated in order to make errcodes.h and
>> plerrcodes.h generated headers. Could someone help with that?

> Trying a bit harder to make src/include/utils/errcodes.h a generated
> file I found that it's included so early it makes the task not trivial
> at all. postgres.h includes elog.h, which includes errcodes.h (after
> defining the MAKE_SQLSTATE macro). I'm not sure how to proceed:

Huh?  Why in the world would the specific location of the #include have
anything to do with the problem?