Re: master make check fails on Solaris 10 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: master make check fails on Solaris 10
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Victor Wagner <vitus@wagner.pp.ru> writes:
> On Wed, 17 Jan 2018 10:07:37 -0500
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Yeah, I can work with this.  What I propose to do is use a somewhat
>> stripped-down version of this test as an AC_RUN_IFELSE test normally,
>> but if cross-compiling, fall back to just seeing if we can link.

> I'd suggest to add a configure option to switch off 128-bit support
> (--disable-int128), especially for these cross-compile cases where link
> test cannot give us enough information to decide automatically.

I don't want to go there without some evidence that the problem is much
more widespread than it appears now.  A disable switch will be a permanent
documentation and maintenance overhead, plus anyone who puts it into
their build scripts will probably never remember to remove it :-(.
And how many people will be cross-compiling to Solaris/SPARC anyway?
(If there are any, they can always manually change pg_config.h ...)