Re: Timezone abbreviations - out but not in? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Timezone abbreviations - out but not in?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> ... A more useful restriction would be to only output
> those that are in the set of input-acceptable abbreviations, but perhaps
> this is not easy to implement.

I think that is actually what Dave is suggesting, but I don't really
agree with it.  To me it's a feature not a bug that timezone input
and output are decoupled.  Would you have the input code refuse to
recognize abbrevs that are inconsistent with the current timezone
setting, even though the user intentionally set them up that way?