Re: Commit emails to -committers - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Commit emails to -committers
Date
List pgsql-www
> For that reason I'd lean towards having something just be "PostgreSQL
> commits <noreply@postgresql.org>" and not put the name in there at all
> -- the name would of course go in the body.

That'd be OK with me.

> Another option we could go with would be to have the email sender be
> "Stephen Frost <sfrost@postgresql.org>", since we have by policy been
> giving all committers such an email address. We'd need to add the
> ability to do that mapping into the commit message script as it
> doesn't have it right now, but it would be doable. And of course, it
> would suddenly make it more important for committers to ensure that
> this forwarder or mailbox actually works.

FWIW, I've been bit-bucketing mail via tgl@postgresql.org for many
years, because it's all spam and I don't have any ability to filter
it based on the true source.  I don't really want to have to start
treating that as a valid address.

            regards, tom lane