RE: Upgrading from 6.3.2 to 7.0.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matthew
Subject RE: Upgrading from 6.3.2 to 7.0.2
Date
List pgsql-general
I wouldn't recommend pg_upgrade as 6.3 is quite old, pg_dump should be a
better option.

Since you are having trouble with pg_dump also, we would probably need some
actual errors to be able to help.  One suggestion is to dump everything out
with proper inserts ( use the -d or -D option for this), this alleviates
some problems.  However there might be some schema problems such as data
types that have changed and are not supported.  If that is the problem ,
then you need to edit the pg_dump file and change the table create commands.

my 2¢