Re: global/pg_database ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: global/pg_database ?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk> writes:
> Posting again as even though I receive mail from hackers I am apparently
> not a member (registered correctly as prlw1@cam.ac.uk - from will say
> prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk - setting reply-to to prlw1@cam.ac.uk used to get
> around it..)

Easiest answer might be to subscribe again under that address and then
set it to 'nomail', or whatever the option is to turn off actually
receiving mail from the list (yes, there is one...).

> psql: FATAL 1:  cannot open /usr/local/pgsql/data/global/pg_database: No such file or directory
> and it's true..
> % ls /usr/local/pgsql/data/global
> 1260        1261        1262        1264        1269        17127       17130
>     pg_control

> source from Jan  3 15:59 GMT

That is the correct contents of $PGDATA/global in current sources ---
pg_database's file is now named by its OID, ie 1262, not by its relname.

Not sure why you are getting such a message, but it strikes me that you
may have a corrupted set of sources, ie, some out-of-date files.  Have
you tried doing a fresh cvs checkout and build from scratch?