Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> * Jim Nasby (Jim.Nasby@BlueTreble.com) wrote:
>> 2 years ago is when they first released the enterprise edition,
>> which according to [1] had "The most important new feature is that
>> you can now add members to groups of projects."

> It needed a lot more than a single feature.

Just going to their primary web page, and noting that the first line gives
links to "Features" and "Pricing" (but not "Documentation"), and the
second line makes it clear that there's a big difference between the
"Community Edition" and the "Enterprise Edition", is already enough to
turn me off.  We've seen that model before (mysql...) and it doesn't bode
well in the long run.

Further poking shows no evidence of any decent email integration, to name
just one of the things that have been mentioned as requirements in this
thread.  On the other hand, they are big on LDAP logins, and even
two-factor authentication.  (We need this for an issue tracker that's
supposed to provide visibility and easier reporting to people outside the
project?)  And JIRA integration, which seems to be an anti-feature to some
on this thread.  And they'd sure love to be in charge of our code repo.
And the main, possibly only, metadata they can track about an issue is
"assignee" and "milestone".

I can't imagine that this is what we want.