Re: URGENT pg_xlog full impossible to restart ... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: URGENT pg_xlog full impossible to restart ...
Date
List pgsql-general
=?iso-8859-1?q?Herv=E9_Piedvache?= <footcow@noos.fr> writes:
> Tom,
> Le samedi 17 Juillet 2004 23:06, Tom Lane a �crit :
>> =?iso-8859-15?q?Herv=E9_Piedvache?= <footcow@noos.fr> writes:
>>> How to solve this ??? My pg_xlog partition is full ... :o(
>>
>> ... so free up some space ...

> But my pg_xlog partition is dedicated to the WAL files ... so I can't delete
> them ??

Sure you can; all you need are the one(s) that the postmaster will try
to read at restart.  Since your log excerpt shows a clean shutdown, the
only one you actually have to have is the one containing the shutdown
checkpoint record, which is probably the one with the latest file mod
time (but check against the checkpoint position shown in the log).

> So pg_resetxlog -f /usr/local/pgsql/data ??

That would work too.

            regards, tom lane