Re: Time to upgrade buildfarm coverage for some EOL'd OSes? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Time to upgrade buildfarm coverage for some EOL'd OSes?
Date
Re: Time to upgrade buildfarm coverage for some EOL'd OSes?  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> (Hmm, in hindsight, I don't know why we need "--with-bsd-auth" instead
> of detecting it, but I don't plan to work on that...)

As far as that goes, I thought we had a policy against auto-detecting
user-visible features.  From memory, the rationale goes like "if you
want feature X you should say so, so that the build will fail if we
can't provide it".  Thus we make you say something like --with-openssl
even though it wouldn't be particularly hard to auto-detect.  Peter E.
can probably advocate more strongly for this approach.

But anyway, +1 for your main point that it might be time to move up
some buildfarm animals, unless we want to scrape up extra resources
to test both older and newer OS versions.