Re: how to improve perf of 131MM row table? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Aaron Weber
Subject Re: how to improve perf of 131MM row table?
Date
Re: how to improve perf of 131MM row table?
List pgsql-performance
I will gather the other data tonight. Thank you.

In the meantime, I guess I wasn't clear about some other particulars
The query's where clause is only an "IN", with a list of id's (those I mentioned are the PK), and the join is explicitly on the PK (so, indexed).

Thus, there should be only the explicit matches to the in clause returned, and if postgresql isn't using the unique index on that column, I would be very shocked (to the point I would suggest there is a bug somewhere).

An IN with 50 int values took 23sec to return (by way of example).

Thanks again.
--
Aaron