BUG #17838: Uninstall of PostgreSQL 13.9.3 fails on Windows 11 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From PG Bug reporting form
Subject BUG #17838: Uninstall of PostgreSQL 13.9.3 fails on Windows 11
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      17838
Logged by:          Mike Lawrence
Email address:      mike.lawrence@dell.com
PostgreSQL version: 13.9
Operating system:   Windows 11 Enterprise

I previously submitted this and was told it was not a proper bug. After
receiving some response from the community, I am not doing anything wrong
with the uninstall and have tried all available options. This appears to be
a bug with the uninstaller, so it is impossible for me to uninstall
PostgreSQL 13.9.3, which I no longer need as I am using version 15.1.1.

Whether using the uninstaller directly from the install directory, using
Windows 11 Apps & features, or Control Panel's Uninstall or change a
program, they all fail with the same error, "There has been an error. Unable
to initialize any installation mode". I even tried compatibility mode for
the uninstaller, but nothing enables the uninstaller to work.

Edition    Windows 11 Enterprise
Version    21H2
Installed on    ‎1/‎27/‎2023
OS build    22000.1574
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.1574.0