Re: Static snapshot data - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Static snapshot data
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Manfred Koizar <mkoi-pg@aon.at> writes:
> All I'm saying is if we can have
>   (1) a simple version with some restrictions for 7.4 and
>       SERIALIZABLE subtransactions for 7.5 or
>   (2) nothing for 7.4 and everything for 7.5
> I'd rather have (1);  as long as we don't cause incompatibilities, of
> course.

I don't object to that plan.  The scenario I was sketching also requires
the ability to catch errors from subtransactions in plpgsql, which is
something not likely to be there in the first cut either.  I'm just
saying not to paint yourself into a corner.