Re: PlPython - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PlPython
Date
Re: PlPython  (Kevin Jacobs <jacobs@penguin.theopalgroup.com>)
List pgsql-general
elein  <elein@varlena.com> writes:
> Sorry about the mixup earlier.  But the "forbidden"
> modules part still needs to be tossed for the new doc.

Right.  I already pulled section 43.4 --- see the updated docs at
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/plpython.html

I've also commented out the paragraph about global data and function
arguments pending resolution of the question.  Given the reference to
restricted execution objects in the original text, I would think that
the removal of rexec usage means that plpython functions can now get at
any global data.  But I'm not a Python user and might be
misunderstanding the point.

            regards, tom lane