Re: anti-join chosen even when slower than old plan - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: anti-join chosen even when slower than old plan
Date
Re: anti-join chosen even when slower than old plan  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-performance
Mladen Gogala <mladen.gogala@vmsinfo.com> writes:
> Again, having an optimizer which will choose the plan completely
> accurately is, at least in my opinion, less important than having a
> possibility of manual control, the aforementioned "knobs and buttons"
> and produce the same plan for the same statement.

More knobs and buttons is the Oracle way, and the end result of that
process is that you have something as hard to use as Oracle.  That's
generally not thought of as desirable in this community.

            regards, tom lane